<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 25, 2004

I gotta start a cardroom... 

Wow. So I figured out how much money I've spent playing cards over the last few months... I've played 205.5 hours. I figured that the average number of hands a table can play is 15 per hour. The average number of people at the table is 7. That is a little more than two rounds a person. When you're on the button, they collect your $3 and when you're on the big blind, they collect your $1. So that's $8...but let's add $1 to cover the extra hand, short-handed tables, fast play, etc. So we assume $9/hour to play. At 205.5 hours, that's $1849.50. Eep...
Comments:
This is a comment
 
Actually, that's not correct. You are allowed to charge an entertainment fee...but it must be fixed and not depend on the size of the pot or who the winner is. California players are not allowed to play "against the house", but they can play against each other. So the house "fee" is $3 per hand, regardless of the size of the pot. The extra dollar is the "Jackpot collection". And you can charge an entry fee for tournaments. You need to read up on California law. :D
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?