Friday, July 23, 2004
One trick pony
So I was just thinking the other day, what defines me? I try to think what people would say when describing me. And I come up with one thing: he plays poker. Okay, so I do. But I have other interests, right? Well, I love playing ball, but I haven't gotten on the court in months... I like to lift, but I haven't been to the gym in six weeks. TV? Well, that's not necessarily a good thing to be known for, but even so, I watch a lot less of it.
Ugh. So maybe all I AM defined by is poker. Or maybe it's not that I play it too much, but perhaps I've stopped doing everything else. I do find myself sitting at home a lot, much to the chagrin of my girlfriend. I just need to go DO stuff.
So, someone tell me what I should do. And after you tell me, I'll say "That's not a bad idea. But wouldn't you rather go to Lucky Chances tonight?"
*sigh* I guess you can't teach a bored dog interesting tricks.
Ugh. So maybe all I AM defined by is poker. Or maybe it's not that I play it too much, but perhaps I've stopped doing everything else. I do find myself sitting at home a lot, much to the chagrin of my girlfriend. I just need to go DO stuff.
So, someone tell me what I should do. And after you tell me, I'll say "That's not a bad idea. But wouldn't you rather go to Lucky Chances tonight?"
*sigh* I guess you can't teach a bored dog interesting tricks.
Comments:
Post a Comment
