<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

Steph's Balls Exploded! 

Haha! Made you read!

So Steph decided to make some spaghetti tonight... I'm over at my desk, tooling away on the computer, when I smell something cooking. It smells kinda nice, so I don't think much of it, as I generally enjoy Steph's cooking. Suddenly, there's a loud BANG, and I realize that something just exploded in the microwave. I run over there, just as Steph opens the microwave door. Smoke comes pouring out of the door, and we see that the bowl she put in there with two frozen meatballs decided that variety is the spice of life, and being in one piece was too boring.

So there were two charred balls in the microwave along with several pieces of bowl. I set up a fan to pull all the smoke outside, but I don't think it worked too well. I went out to play poker tonight and when I got back I almost gagged on the smell.

Now, I know that the smell will go away. My last roommate decided to start a stir-fry and left the room. I guess he wasn't very hungry though, as the only thing he put in the pan was oil. And then when THAT caught fire, he dumped it in the sink and turned on the water. *sigh* Grease fire plus water does not equal common sense, but I always wondered about the guy. Anyway, our entire apartment filled with smoke, I started to get woozy from smoke inhalation, and the smell didn't go away for a long time. But it eventually DID go away.

Unfortunately, we are moving out next week. In fact, next Monday we have a maintenance walkthrough. I don't know if the "my balls were on fire" excuse will be quite kosher with them...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?