<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Consideration 

I'm walking towards the elevator in the parking garage at work, about five steps behind this guy. He gets in the elevator and pushes a button, then proceeds to turn around and stare at me walking towards him as the doors close. I stuck my hand in the door to stop it from closing so that I could get in and he looks irritated, that the three seconds that I delayed him really made a difference.

Then I'm walking towards the check-in booth before the elevators in the building I work, and this woman stops right in front of the booth where we scan our smart cards and rummages through her bag for her badge, blocking the entire entry. After about 10 seconds of this, I go in the exit aisle and stretch over her to scan my badge. Would it have killed her to have stepped aside while she searched?

Sometimes people need a wake up call. I think I'll start carrying around an air horn and use it liberally around irritating people. You know who you are.

Comments:
I'd say knock 'em over. Hip check. But then again, I had to serve on a jury where an assault charge was brought on by a 'hip check.'
 
Well, I learned not to be violent towards things when I punched a hole in the wall of my high school and ripped a door off its hinges, all in the same week. And I wasn't even angry. I'd rather not go to jail until much later in my life.
 
punching a hole through a wall is dangerous. a friend of mine broke some bones in his hand that way.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?